(in no specific order)
1) always incorporate legs training into your exercise programme (best exercise for weight loss in the gym is heavy barbell squats)
2) don’t just do long steady state cardio. Try at least 2 sessions a week of either, hill sprints, interval training or circuit style training.
3) always choose compound over isolation movements. Examples of this would be bench press over a fly or deadlifts over hamstring curls.
4) choose functional movements over machines. Ie freeweights including all the major movement patterns (push, pull, bend, squat. Lunge, twist)
5) rest is very important for results. Aim for at least 7 hrs sleep a night..
Latest posts by Peter Gaffney (see all)
- Client of the Year 2020 – Jonathan Cansdale - December 21, 2020
- 10 Personal Training Health Benefits for Senior Executives - September 7, 2020
- Cloud Fitness – We Have Entered a New Age of Personal Training - May 25, 2020