“If you have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a fitness qualification, I have a fulfilling personal training position just for you!”
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope you have precisely what I need in a personal trainer so I can take this page down immediately, and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position
My name is Peter Gaffney and I run a fitness and nutrition personal training company called PGPT in NW London. My business is dedicated to helping men and women achieve their health and fitness goals through customised nutrition and fitness programmes.
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients. We are a mobile personal training company in NW London and we service areas like Hampstead, St Johns Wood and Highgate
I currently offer one-on-one customised nutrition and fitness programmes, group coaching classes, and nutrition counselling, which educate, motivate, and support men and women to improve their health and fitness.
All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package, which includes nutrition counselling, exercise programme design, nutritional supplements (if required), monthly fitness assessments, and possible weekly training sessions here at their home or office.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients 2–3 days a week for 3–4 hours per day Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Bottom line: you’ll get at least 10 hours of training clients per week. You will be paid as an independent contractor, and have the opportunity to move up to a full-time trainer after a 90-day trial period.
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programmes for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programmes, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programmes, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness programme to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach clients through 12-week programme. You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her programme, you’ll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. REPS Level 3
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National certification
- Sports Science Degree
- CPR certified
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone: